Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Assists with the complex analysis, evaluation, and planning needed to execute projects and initiatives that deliver on our brand promise. Initiatives may include new processes or integration of brand strategy into existing processes that deliver both internal as well as external results and serve internal and external stakeholders (members, consumers, customers, employees, sales agents, group decision makers, providers). In addition, identification of engagement, marketing communications and/or other programs to address needs in the most cost effective manner. Promotes enterprise understanding of the key focus of brand strategy in which the company is seeking to create competitive differentiation and establish sustainable brand leadership in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate would have a good balance of the ability to execute as well as strategic thought leadership. This position is very deadline driven and requires enterprise collaboration, the ability to manage departmental projects and facilitate and lead cross-functional teams.
* Create and lead cross-functional projects and teams working on broad business strategies and opportunities, acting as a representative of brand strategy.
* Facilitate and create communication and presentations and present to both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including leadership, to effectively drive programs/initiatives and deliver on project success.
* Support the identification, evaluation and implementation of, program, market engagement and/or initiatives to deliver on Blue Cross NC s brand promise.
* Support and manage development efforts related to the enhancement and maintenance of our current products, programs, processes and market offer components.
* Leverage customer and consumer insights to develop holistic strategies, programs and plans that effectively change perceptions and ultimately drive business outcomes Support critical activities such as strategic planning, complex financial/qualitative analysis and thought leadership at a departmental and enterprise level.
* Assist with the identification and assessment of strategic partners to provide innovative and market differentiating capabilities.
* Develop proofs of concept, business cases, market engagement and communications strategies and plans, detailed design and/or business requirements for assigned strategic initiatives.
* Organize, optimize and communicate progress towards the completion of overall work portfolio.
* Bachelor s degree with at least 4 years experience in brand strategy & brand marketing, strategic/business development, strategic planning, marketing strategy or product development.
* OR Master s degree with at least 2 years experience as stated above.
* Candidate must have solid background and experience in brand management, brand marketing, brand strategy product development, market engagement plan development and /or marketing communications strategy/planning, as determined by the specific business area s needs.
* Experience serving as a liaison to business executives, internal and external, and other outside advisors
* Should have some experience related to the management and delivery of programs, projects and work efforts in a portfolio-based environment
* Negotiation and/or consultative experience preferred.
* Previous work experience in health insurance or health care industry with multi-faceted knowledge of healthcare delivery systems is strongly preferred.
* Understanding of Blue Cross NC business, systems, and organization preferred (may be specific to Finance, Healthcare, Network Management, Sales and marketing, IS, and/or Operations based on determined need of team)
* The ability to manage goals and deadlines through collaboration and teamwork.
* Consultative skills to assist with the facilitation of difficult conversations.
* Ability to create and communicate business cases, presentations, communications as well as design and implement development programs.
* Skills in stakeholder management, problem/issue resolution and cross-team collaboration
* Planning and portfolio management skills.
* Ability to think creatively and strategically as well as execute on the strategic plan while handling difficult and complex issues
* Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to present information effectively to both internal and external audiences.
* Ability to meet time deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to manage extensive amounts of complex information, connect and interrelate disparate ideas and thoughts, pay attention to detail, and work effectively with varying constituencies
* Understanding of logic and causal relationships and with some experience directing and conducting relevant research.
* Ability to effectively handle changing priorities.
* Strong initiative and interpersonal skills
* Strong interpretation and translation skills ability to understand technical / expert jargon and business needs and bridge communication gaps.
* Solid experience working in a Windows-based technical environment, including the ability to use all standard MS Office products, as well as experience working with intranet and internet applications. Proficiency in Power point is required.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its health programs and activities.