Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
The Information Security Intern will support a wide range of security activities for TierPoint s Information Security Office. Under the general supervision of the Director of Information Security, this position provides security assistance through operations, incident response, documentation, policy and procedure development, risk assessments, and vulnerability management.
* Provide quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
* Serve customers (both internal and external) with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
* Coordinate and/or perform vulnerability scans and penetration tests with written reports internal, external, and customer facing, researching exploit results and mitigation.
* Support security team with implementation, installation, testing, architecture, and development of internal security and other systems include SIEM platform.
* Assist the security team with internal systems and one-off security solutions including but not limited to: operation, maintenance, scheduling, development, architecture, documentation, and delivery.
* Respond to security incidents, customer or internal as required
* Coordinated work between Compliance and Information Security on policy development.
* Assists in securing web servers and applications, including code analysis.
* Respond to layer 7 attacks and mitigate as needed
* Analyze and diagnose complex web application issues
* Work with Apache, IIS, Tomcat, and possibly other web hosting technologies
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Fundamental understanding of information security systems and function including but not limited to: intrusion systems, firewalls, denial of service protection, log management, vulnerability scanners, penetration testing tools
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment including multi-level staff and external partners
* Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications
* Security clearance may be required
* Associates degree in security or related field
* Certification such as CISSP, Security+, CEH, CISM
* Technical writing, SOP development, incident response experience
TierPoint is committed to reviewing the talents and experience of each applicant compared to the specific job opening. TierPoint believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, protected medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status covered by applicable local, state or federal law. We give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals. If you have a disability and are unable to use our employment tools to search for opportunities with us, you may request a reasonable accommodation. This option is reserved for candidates who need support applying to TierPoint as the result of a disability, and not intended for other use. All candidates and employees are required to abide by this policy.