Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
McKesson is seeking an “Administrative Assistant” reporting to the Director of Distribution (DCL) at the Lehigh Valley distribution along with our operational team.
The LHV DC is the newest and the largest DC in the McKesson Medical-Surgical network, boosting a footprint of 508,000 sq. ft. with future capacity to expand to 600,000 sq. ft. Our warehouse team will consist of 250+ team members to support the business.
In this role, we are seeking a self-motivated, hardworking, and detail-oriented individual to join our team. You will work directly with the DCL and the operations team, the executive team and external collaborators. The position requires highly effective communication and team work. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, independent, and process driven with excellent people skills.
The Lehigh Valley area consists of a metroplex of 3 cities (Bethlehem, Allentown, and Easton). This metroplex is located 1 hour north of Philadelphia and 1.5 hours to both the New Jersey shore and New York City. The area has a balanced and diversified economy across unique settings, from rural to urban environments and everything in between. The following website shares many of the benefits of living and working in this region. https://visitpa.com/regions/lehigh-valley
If we peaked your interest in learning more about the LHV DC and becoming a part of our team, please continue to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you.
• Perform administrative duties, which may include maintaining files, assembling materials
and/or reports as well as drafting correspondence.
• Assist with our coordinating the completion of various deliverables.
• Maintains office efficiency by assisting and coordinating events.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow-up on commitments on a timely basis and adhere
• Document and facilitate human resource processes such as new hire and onboarding new
• Purchasing and organization of office and warehouse supplies
• Process, coordinate, and timely follow-up on invoices
• Facilitate the use of training and conference rooms
• Plan, greet and schedule guests for the LHV site accordingly
• Must possess high motivation, enthusiasm, and dedication to our team,
• This is a highly visible position requiring excellent communication, administrative, and
organizational skills. The right applicant will have some previous office, organizational,
planning and communication experience.
• Project management ability
• Must exhibit reliability, discretion, and confidentiality at all times
• Ability to work independently
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
2-year degree or related field equivalent experience
2-4 years of administrative assistance experience
General office demands
Advanced computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
The position includes standing, sitting and walking
Must be able to carry and operate a laptop
Must be willing to work various hours in a 24/7 operational warehouse
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. McKesson is committed to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Continue to grow your career with McKesson!