Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: silver spring, Maryland
Research Associate II (Immunology)
Silver Spring, MD (ID#14928)
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard-to-find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including medical, science, geospatial intelligence, engineering, construction, research and development, facilities management, information technology, program management and mission support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) aims to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and US Army requirements and delivers lifesaving products including knowledge, technology and medical material that sustain the combat effectiveness of the Warfighter.
For more company information, visit our site at Http://cherokee-cnts.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Our client's mission is to conduct biomedical research that delivers life-saving products including knowledge, technology, and medical materiel. Their efforts include the development of medical countermeasures capable of protecting and sustaining the health of the men and women of the U.S. military.
Their focus is on understanding the infectious diseases threatening the Fighting Force both domestically and abroad. The research programs include dengue, influenza, and adenovirus infections and other emerging and re-emerging viral diseases such as chikungunya and zika viruses. Infectious disease syndromes caused by existing, emerging, or re-emerging viral pathogens not otherwise identified is also an area of research. Once specific threats have been determined, they work on those identified threats along a scientific continuum including epidemiologic disease surveillance and sample collection, basic and exploratory science, translational research, and product research and development. The intent is to license (as applicable) and field medical countermeasures and medical solutions designed to eliminate or mitigate these threats in the most safe, expeditious, cost effective, and high quality manner possible.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our team that is focused upon characterizing immune responses at the cellular level. The laboratory provides support for vaccine clinical trials and performs basic research into immune responses generated by candidate vaccine products and/or natural infection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
* Performs basic (pure), translational, and exploratory scientific research and development/improvement of vaccines.
* Has advanced knowledge of scientific techniques and methodologies and applies independent judgement in performing research.
* Develops Standard Operating Procedures for complex assays and updates them independently based upon operational situations.
* Designs research studies.
* Processes laboratory samples, executes assays, documents results, and compiles and analyzes data.
* Ensures assays are executed following guidelines and designated procedures.
* Advanced familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Develops independent research protocols.
* Works independently to plan and execute work, analyze results and develop scientific recommendations.
* Assists with leading research studies.
* Manages equipment and supplies.
* Trains and mentors more junior personnel.
* Writes and maintains detailed laboratory records and maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
* Orders equipment and supplies.
* Ability to work both independently and as a team.
* Excellent organizational, documentation and record keeping skills.
* Reports findings to scientific a lead.
Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* BS/BA with 5+ years of experience or MS with 3+ years of experience required in Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Science, or a related field
* Advanced wet laboratory experience in cell culture and/or cellular-based assays, protein expression analysis and assay development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Advanced knowledge and experience of immunology techniques
* Ability to follow strict timing guidelines for all scheduled operations and experiments
* Blood processing for PBMC isolation
* Coordination of clinical experiments
* Training in and/or operation of flow cytometer for cell sorting (FACS)
* Performance of mammalian cell culture
* Performance of ELISA/western blot and other measurements of protein expression
* Work in a GLP/GCLP/GMP regulated environment
* Performance of assays for cell-mediated immunity
* Ability to accurately collect, collate and enter data into a database
* Experience with data analysis software to include Microsoft Excel and/or FlowJo
* Applicant must be willing to work in a BSL-2, regulated team environment
* Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes