Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Colonial Heights, Virginia
Hillphoenix is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services. The story of Hillphoenix is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Hillphoenix. Hillphoenix is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt/Fulltime
LOCATION: Richmond, VA
DEPARTMENT: Product Engineering
SUPERVISOR: Product Engineering Manager
SALARY RANGE: SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer. This role will require skills and experience in project management, understanding manufacturability, and driving consistency in designing/developing electrical wiring diagrams for refrigeration systems.
* Coordinate with engineers, product management, sales, and customers on electrical projects related to display cases.
* Design, maintain, and improve electrical and controls packages.
* Liaison with plant electrical cells and assembly lines to implement electrical control packages and case wiring.
* Prepare electrical reference drawings and bills of material to support manufacturing operations.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of the test environment, including changes to the hardware set up, wire harness and any associated equipment.
* Conceptualize and implement improvements to existing product for cost reductions and performance improvements.
* Partner with suppliers to evaluate component alternatives that can be integrated into existing product for quality/cost. Document components and provide ordering information for purchasing.
* Investigate customer complaints, determine root cause and propose solutions.
* Inform and train team members as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology. Will also consider mechanical engineers with a strong background in electrical engineering.
* A minimum of three (3) years experience directly relating to manufacturing.
* 3 years experience with electrical components
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Proficient with basic electrical theory and calculations.
* Hands-on experience in a fast-paced, customized manufacturing environment.
* Familiarity with tools and techniques necessary to meet industry standards for good wiring practice.
* Ability to understand and communicate topics related to embedded system electronics and software
* Previous experience or knowledge in refrigeration and HVAC is a plus
* Design and technical aptitude
* Physically able to perform daily job functions as assigned in an office environment and manufacturing facility.
* Experience with solid modeling in production of sheet metal products is desirable.
* Strong work ethic and professional attitude.
* Good interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Virginia : Colonial Heights
Sub Division : Hillphoenix Case
Job Requisition ID : 28233.