Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Valley, Nebraska
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Senior Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer position supports critical business applications for our Corporate IT Shared Services Division. This Individual Contributor role will be responsible to develop, implement, and maintain Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems and programs that enable our business to perform at the highest level. The Senior Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer works closely with business analysts, Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse team members, and business users to solve complex business problems. The ideal candidate has a strong background in developing and delivery data warehouse and information marts. He or she must have a deep passion for implementing creative and efficient solutions using the latest technologies. The ideal candidate has the drive to face down a difficult problem and find the best solution leveraging their strong research and collaboration skills.
This position requires the candidate be a full stack Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse developer. This position is responsible for delivering complete technology solutions which may include database, business/logic layer code, and reporting and information marts.
· Apply Agile, Waterfall or other similar Application lifecycle methodology to develop the solutions
· Ensure enterprise data warehouse solutions created under his/her responsibility adhere to departmental standards, appropriate controls and audit trails exist, and are thoroughly tested prior to installation in production environment
· Identify and document gaps between current and future business processes
· Analyze and translate user requirements into technical design and development projects
· Design, develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse and information marts
· Assist Business Analysts and other Programmers in identifying fields to execute data conversion
· Lead project team and end users in execution of data validation and quality
· Document identified issues as they surface
· Collaborate with project team to resolve identified issues
· Monitor and assist project team and end users in the execution of user acceptance testing
· Provide on-going enterprise data warehouse technical support and participate in training
· Provide documentation, technical specifications and infrastructure requirements for each development Project
· Continuously monitor industry trends, standards and technologies. Research, recommend and apply new technologies as they emerge
· Perform feasibility analysis considering technical, infrastructural, organizational and economic aspects to alternative solutions
· Perform project management activities including task identification, effort and duration estimates, task dependencies and sequencing, critical path analysis, resource assignment and evaluation, conflict and problem resolution
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor's Degree with 5 years relevant experience or Associate's Degree with 7 years relevant experience or 9 years of relevant experience
· Five years of accumulated professional experience in the following areas:
· Ability and desire to learn the manufacturing and business process supported by IT
· Customer service mindset
· Strong interpersonal communication and training skillsets
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Project management and problem solving skillsets
· Ability to provide examples of work
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS
· Experience working with Data Vault 2.0 methodology
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Experience working with Data Warehouse automation tools
· Strong history of delivering value added solutions to business users
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS)
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.