- A total of two years’ experience working on tree trimming crews or clearing crews.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of trees including: identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing.
- Know and understand the American National Standards for tree care operations ANSI Z133.1.
- Know and understand all AOPs that apply to the Top Trimmers job description
- Must have a basic knowledge of electrical circuits and must be skilled in the reading and understanding circuit maps.
- Must have a valid driver's license, CDL and/or medial certificate as required for the vehicle being operated. Have a valid First Aid and CPR card.
- Must successfully complete a Top Trimmer Technical Knowledge & Skills Certification.
- Must have and maintain Herbicide Applicators or Operators Certification license as required by Lewis Tree Service Policy and state, local and federal law.
- Must have met all qualifications of Trimmer.
Nature of Duties:
- Performs actual work functions as a qualified line clearance tree trimmer.
- Directs tree crew when crew leader is away from the job.
- Responsible for the inspection and proper working conditions for all tools and equipment assigned to the employee by the Crew Leader. Request repairs or replacements when necessary.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the working area.
- Keeps informed on new equipment specifications, standards, practices, and procedures.
- Conducts and assists in conducting a job briefing at each job site. (Pre-Job Hazard Survey).
- When required by Crew Leader, conducts field training or retraining of crew members in the performance of the following functions:
- Trims trees, involving climbing and working in trees near energized lines.
- Removal of trees and brush, dispose of debris.
- Operation of power equipment, such as trucks, chippers, aerial lifts, power saws, sprayers, use of ladders and tools.
- Spraying brush and stumps, mixing, proper application of spray chemicals to prevent damage to desirable vegetation.
- Assist crew leader with obtaining written permission from property owners. Help promote and maintain good customer and public relations
- Help enforce job safety practices
- In addition to the above, performs other duties as required or assigned.
Licenses & Certifications
See job description