Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palm City, Florida
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Responsible and accountable for the record keeping procedures and storage of all medical records in a manner consistent with facility policies and procedures, professional standards, and state and federal laws and regulations for long-term care facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Medical Records area. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
? Directs the preparation of charts for new admissions.
? Closes medical records upon discharge.
• Develops schedule for and conducts audits of the clinical records.
• Maintains the computerized physician order program and monitors physician visit schedule.
• Maintains master index system.
• Orders, maintains, and distributes medical records forms.
• Completes sections of the Minimum Data Set as required.
• Establishes and monitors procedures to ensure confidentiality of patient information and guard against loss or destruction of data.
• Maintains records and completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Serves as the center’s Privacy Officer
• Licensed Practical Nurse License.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Supervises the Medical Records staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
To apply, Please send resume to: PCHRC@SOUTHERNLTC.COM
See job description