Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
Responsible for oiling and lubricating trucks and equipment in a controlled environment.
Essential Job Functions:
Verify and perform any necessary preventive maintenance on all heavy equipment and/or light duty vehicles.
Checks and maintain any and all levels of oils, greases and other lubricants in heavy equipment and/or light duty vehicles according to specified procedures and oral instructions.
Inspect equipment belts, hoses and leaks.
Document any necessary maintenance.
Coordinates repairs needed with shop foreman and will make minor repairs/adjustments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of heavy equipment and/or light duty vehicles preventative maintenance.
Knowledge of and experience in lubrication procedures for all types of heavy and light equipment common to heavy construction and oilfield service industries.
Ability to maintain preventative maintenance records.
Ability to work closely with mechanics.
Ability to give and receive oral safety warnings, instructions, and task assignments.
Ability to use hand and power tools.
Ability to read and understand job descriptions, safety/technical manuals and safety/warning signs.
PHYSICAL DEMAND/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
* Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear
* Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles with one hand x 2 with a 12 second interval
* Lift 40 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval
* Lift 40 lbs from floor to crown x 5, with 12 second intervals
* Carry: Carry 35 lbs with two hands for 50 feet x 2. Self-paced, but continuous. (Allow a 60 second rest break between carry tests.)
* Push horizontally at waist level 86 lbs peak force (e.g., Peak push force to move tool cart 50 feet)
* Stairs: Climb up and down 15 steps per flight x 10 for a total of 150 steps. Self-paced, continuous. Allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down each set of 50 steps.)
* Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 10 rungs x 6 for a total of 60 rungs. Self-paced, but continuous. (Allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down 30 rungs.)
* Repetitive Kneeling Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee
* Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 5, self-paced, but continuous
* Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5 Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
* Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements (listed above) of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation
* Negative results in a drug test
* Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) via completion of modules
Worley will schedule and cover program costs for Fitness for Duty Evaluations, drug tests, and NSTC training for job candidates. Candidates will not be compensated for their personal time spent completing these programs or for costs of previously attending the NSTC training, drug test or FFD evaluation.
Candidate is required to provide own tools and to cover the costs required to transport them to Anchorage, Alaska.
* Two (2) years as an oiler in heavy construction or a preventive maintenance shop
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
* Valid drivers license and the ability to be covered by Jacobs auto insurer