Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
This role is to work closely with the IT organization to develop and execute category strategies to source key IT categories (hardware, network infrastructure, telecom, services etc.). The IT Senior Category Manager will work to build and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders and vendors and be part of a collaborative team to source, negotiate, implement, and manage enterprise-wide strategic agreements covering CommScope Indirect IT spend.
The IT Senior Category Manager is responsible for all aspects of the sourcing process including identifying opportunities, understanding business requirements, developing category strategies, conducting market assessments and other analyses, identifying potential suppliers, conducting supplier capability assessments, conducting negotiations, contract reviews etc. to deliver on costs savings from an IT indirect spend perspective and/or provide additional value to the IT organization.
The selected candidate is expected to continually develop subject-matter-expertise, remain current on competitor, suppliers, pricing trends, and industry best practices.
* End to end sourcing and management of the assigned IT sub categories to manage spend and savings targets for the category.
* Drive negotiation and execution of key IT sub category agreements and leverage spend & supplier relationships to deliver savings and spend efficiencies for the assigned category.
* Align with global business leaders on key requirements to formulate global category strategies to drive and support IT functional needs
* Develop supplier relationship management strategies and own supplier relationships for defined purchases
* Conduct key supplier negotiations and be accountable to develop robust supplier agreements/contracts, ensuring efficient and valid terms and conditions in support of CommScope
* Mange supplier performance, monitor quality and service from key global suppliers, in order to support business operations
* Ensure all sourcing strategy and execution is managed in accordance with key company policies and programs (i.e. procurement, corporate social responsibility, supplier diversity etc.)
* Present regular status updates to the appropriate stakeholders in IT and other functions.
* Identify cost reduction opportunities, benchmark and utilize best practices to drive continuous improvement in the category.
* Work with business team and understand the future strategy and help to bring in best in class third party solutions.
* Strong purchasing / strategic sourcing background with deep understanding and prior experience sourcing key IT sub categories (IT HW, Telecom, infrastructure, services etc.)
* Deep expertise of the IT category, understanding of current market conditions and demonstrated ability to drive savings using different category strategies
* Superior negotiating skills and experience in negotiating agreements, and understanding 3rd party commercial agreement processes
* Experience performing complex analysis assignments with a strong financial analysis capability
* Strong leadership skills: collaboration, communication, influencing, drive for results, effective planning, prioritization and conflict resolution skills
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management and ability to work in a global environment
* Self-driven / motivated individual requiring minimal supervision
* Software Engineering & IT background a plus
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
BA and minimum ~10 years experience. MBA preferred.
Strategic Sourcing/ category Management expertise
Negotiations expertise and experience
Contract Management experience
Supply chain systems/tools expertise
Excellent program management skills and ability to drive initiatives to closure
Excellent written and Oral communication skills
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.