Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today s most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk. We work on problems that allow our users to spend more time with their families.
Workiva is looking for a Software Engineer to join its Scout Team. This team s chief responsibility is supporting the prototyping, validation, and commercialization of new capabilities that unlock opportunity and accelerate growth in new and existing markets. Scout Team is a small, agile, and highly collaborative group comprised of diverse skills that work with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders. This position provides a unique way to learn the skills and process required to build and launch commercially successful products with the support of a well-established and growing SaaS company.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING:
* Work with prospective clients, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand new problem domains
* Transpose ideas and designs into running code
* Develop prototypes to validate problem / solution match and commercial viability
* Work with internal engineering teams to reconcile prototypes against current architecture and capabilities
* Work primarily on a distributed backend
WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR:
* Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies
* An entrepreneurial mind/spirit (Prior startup experience preferred)
* Agility, rapid execution, and sound critical thinking will be key to success
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* 4+ Years of experience in a software engineering role
* Experience consuming RESTful APIs
* Experience working in a team environment to translate business requirements and UI mockups into functional, tested features for users.
* Solid understanding of relational database concepts.
* Experience with Java or another OOP language
Workiva is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical disabilities, political affiliation, sexual orientation, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or other protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications meeting job requirements.