Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
Our water + environment team develops technical and strategic solutions that keep the community healthy and resilient with a right-sized, responsive approach.
* Independently create detailed designs, plans, and technical specifications for pipelines, pump stations, storage structures, water reclamation facilities and other water and wastewater management infrastructure systems.
* Technical responsibilities may include performing basis-of-design analyses, asset condition analyses, design calculations, modeling, infrastructure siting and permitting.
* Lead and support design projects, providing project planning and coordination, design method development, technical specification development, coordination of front end documents, engineering report preparation and coordination, equipment sizing and selection, and quality control reviews.
* Serve as the Engineer-of-Record on projects and support smaller or task order based projects.
* Lead construction administration and observation.
* Lead master plans, concept development, and other studies.
* Serve as a technical expert in water, wastewater and stormwater systems.
* B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
* 8-10 years of experience with municipal water, wastewater and stormwater systems planning and design. Experience in industrial and aviation sectors a plus.
* Professional (P.E.) licensure is required.
* Demonstrated ability to prepare high quality reports and technical memoranda; preparation and sealing design plans and specifications.
* Strong technical background and experience in designing water/wastewater and stormwater utility systems, pipelines, pump stations, storage, treatment plants, and control measures.
* Software knowledge: Microsoft Office, Hydraulic modeling software such as Visual Hydraulics, AFT Fathom and SWMM. Process modeling such as Biowin or GPSX is a plus.
* Must have knowledge of CADD platforms including Revit or Plant 3D required to develop quality construction documents.
* Project Engineering and Project Management experience is necessary.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM SMITH PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, Gresham Smith explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Gresham Smith s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Gresham Smith upon receipt.