Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grove City, Ohio
Ensures that customers receive the best service possible through processing orders, preparing general correspondence & coordinating with other functions as required. Assists clients on technical products or services by answering questions & solving projects involved in the use. Identifies, investigates & researches client questions & problems & may refer to account specialists, managers or other service personnel for follow-up as appropriate. Responsible for coordinating client specific reports & projects on time. Develops organized storage & filing systems to enable easy retrieval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity
* Reviews customer requests for service
* Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity
* May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks and goals. Applies advanced skills to the position
* Adapts procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position
* Demonstrates a proactive, innovative & consultative approach in interaction with all internal/external clients.
* Contacts internal and external customer to obtain or give information and directions regarding job and or service activities.
* Works under general supervision.
* Works in a manner that is not disruptive to peers, supervisors and/or subordinates.
* Maintains regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer s sole discretion.
* Maintains availability and willingness to work such days and hours as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical Skills - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
* Design Skills - Generates creative solutions;
* Demonstrates attention to detail
* Problem Solving Skills - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
* Customer Service Skills - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
* Team Work - Gives and welcomes feedback.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Leadership - Accepts feedback from others.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
* Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
* Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
* Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Makes timely decisions.
* Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma/GED or equivalent OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE /ABILITIES:
* Proficient with PC software and applications such as MS-Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet tools
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
* Demonstrated experience as a role model in customer service excellence
* Preferred 1-2 years previous experience in a client service environment
* Project-based, detailed and complex issue resolution process
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree OR equivalent work experience
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS-Office suite - Specifically Advanced MS-Excel skills (Macros, v-lookups).
Merrill is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and furthers the principles of EEO through Affirmative Action.