Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Business Intelligence Developer at the Gaithersburg, MD location to design and develop reporting and data analytics solutions and support corporate Business Intelligence applications.
* Understand various business functions and build complex and efficient SQL queries and data models to support business operations.
* Design and develop reports and charts using the SAP Business Objects reporting suite including Crystal, WebI, Lumira and Information Design Tool.
* Design and develop intuitive data visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
* Maintain and support the corporate SAP Business Objects platform.
* Maintain and support the corporate Tableau Server environment.
* Troubleshoot and resolve user s issues within the Tableau Server/Desktop and SAP Business Objects environments.
* Required to be on call during off business hours for production support.
* Bachelor's or Master s degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus 2 or more years of industry experience or master s degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus 3 years of industry experience.
* Expertise in writing complex and efficient SQL queries in Oracle.
* 2+ years of development experience in Tableau Desktop version 10.5 and above.
* 2+ years of development experience with SAP Business Objects reporting suite (Crystal / WebI / IDT/ Lumira)
* Thorough understanding of databases and data modeling concepts.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Highly adaptive and willingness to learn and collaborate.
* Administration experience with SAP Business Objects version 4.2 and above.
* Administration experience with Tableau server version 10.5 and above.
* Experience with Linux server (RHEL 7.x)
* Scripting experience (Shell / Python)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.