Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland
T-Rex Solutions is a leading business combining innovative Next Generation IT ( NGIT ) capabilities and enabling skills to provide industry-leading solutions to the federal government. T-Rex has a prime position on one of the largest and most technologically advanced cloud, cybersecurity, and big data implementation projects within the federal contracting space, 2020 Census Technical Integrator. This $1B+ contract encompasses integrating dozens of mission critical applications operating in a public AWS GovCloud that is managed with a hyper-converged datacenter and is protected by a world class active cyber defense solution. T-Rex s program is the first and largest of its kind within federal agencies, as its focus on cloud integration and next generation solutions, will potentially generate $2 billion in cost savings for Census and sets the precedent for future government technology modernization projects.
What you ll do:
The AWS Infrastructure Engineer will leverage their comprehensive cloud expertise to support the implementation of AWS-centric network infrastructure to support the digitally transformed 2020 Census enumeration. When the 2020 Census is underway, the USCB system-of-systems will be scaled up to become one of the largest production environments running in the AWS GovCloud region. Therefore, we require an innovative thought-leader who can help our customers solve some of the most pressing and difficult advanced cloud problems that have ever been addressed in the Public sector.
* Assume a technical role in the administration and management of infrastructure solutions that are deployed in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud regions
* Integrating AWS with Database Administrator and DevOps teams
* Support an agile team to integrate/implement the infrastructure for containerized/microservice platform, offering core capabilities such as decoupled services, workflow orchestration, and event-driven automation
* Use AWS CLI to deploy, troubleshoot and customize cloud resources
* Suggest and implement improvements in the deployment and usage of Office 365 tools, including how to leverage new features, best practices, and improved governance
* Serve as an escalation path for the IT department staff for troubleshooting or IT inquiries
* Learn/Research new technologies
* Train IT department/staff
* Tier 3 debugging and debugging full-stack
What you ll bring:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field
* AWS Certification Associate or above is required
* 14 years of experience
* 5+ years specifically operating and managing AWS infrastructure
* Knowledge of AWS user, security, and networking configurations
* Experience managing enterprise scale solutions that leverage the following AWS Services:
* EC2, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, CloudFront, VPC, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
* Experience scripting in python or bash or comparable language
* Experience scripting against AWS CLI
* Implementing and managing Networking and Application performance monitoring tool suites (Splunk, AppDynamics, Solarwinds, etc)
* Strong Tier III debugging experience
* 5+ years conducting research and analysis
Established in 1999, T-Rex Solutions, LLC is a proven mid-tier business providing data-centric mission services to the Federal government as it increasingly tries to secure and leverage the power of data. We design, integrate, secure, and deploy advanced technical solutions for our customers so they can efficiently fulfill their critical objectives. T-Rex offers both IT and professional services to numerous Federal agencies and is a leader in providing high quality and innovative solutions in the areas of Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Cyber Security, and Big Data Engineering.
T-Rex is constantly seeking qualified people to join our growing team. We have built a broad client base through our devotion to delivering quality products and customer service, and to do that we need quality individuals. But more than that, we at T-Rex are committed to creating a culture that supports the development of every employee's personal and professional lives. T-Rex has made a commitment to maintain the status of an industry leader in compensation packages and benefits which includes competitive salaries, performance bonuses, training and educational reimbursement, Transamerica 401(k) and Cigna healthcare benefits.
T-Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.