Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world s leader in digital payments technology, Visa s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You re an Individual. We re the team for you. Together, let s transform the way the world pays. Job Description
The Global Compliance team plays a vital role in managing risk at Visa. Global Compliance collaborates with the business to minimize legal and regulatory risk and protect Visa s brand and reputation. This Compliance position will be the leader who interfaces with the control functions (Risk Management, Internal Audit, Controllership) at Visa and executor of first line monitoring and testing as well as quality assurance on key Compliance programs and Initiatives (including Risk analytics on emerging products and services, Compliance Training and Communications). The position will design operational objectives and work plans with Risk Management Department to ensure Compliance Risk Assessments, second Line monitoring and testing activities under their management are successful and properly aligned with Global Compliance s objectives. This role will provide thought leadership to global functions including Marketing, Sales, Sourcing, Product, Technology, HR and Finance to assure robust compliance risk management and compliance controls for those groups. Qualifications
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
12+ years of Compliance, Governance, Project Management, Internal Audit or Audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution or Big 4 Accounting / Consulting experience preferred
Bachelor or Master s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management Information System or another related field
Expert knowledge of good auditing practice
Strong problem solving skills with a positive personality and can-do attitude
Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to positively influence business partners
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations across all levels of management
Understanding of the importance of handling risk and quality on data projects
A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Significant experience in evaluating Regulatory Policies
Significant experience in evaluating Regulatory Policies / Corporate Programs associated with complex business and IT systems process
A creative self-starter with high ethical values and possesses both strong technical and interpersonal skills; a team player and leader who is willing to go the extra mile for the team s and company s best interest
Strong hands-on experience with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects or system implementations in a complex matrix business and operational environment, including handling both intra regional and regional/HQ relationships
Excellent knowledge of Legal and Regulatory requirements (i.e. Anti-Bribery, AML, Information Security, Privacy) for Payment Card Industry and a Public Company * CPA, CISA, CIA, CISM, PMP, CFE, Six Sigma, or other relevant professional certification highly
Compliance Initiatives Management
* Project manage existing work streams within Compliance or business stakeholders for streamlining, process improvement or implementation of new requirements/controls
* Provide first line of defense support to business owners to create meaningful dashboards and metrics for greater and more in-depth oversight of their functions
* Prepares and updates risk assessments for emerging products or services
* Liaise with Controllership, Risk and Internal Audit on any first line s monitoring and testing or quality assurance coordination related to Compliance
* Proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to find opportunities to leverage technology and analytics in connection with risk assessment and audit execution processes
Advisory to Business:
* Interview with business stakeholders to gain overview of business functions and map process flow identifying control points based on that
* Perform transactional walkthrough to confirm understanding of the business functions.
* Provide best practice guidance to the business pertaining to their function process to meet the dual objectives of efficiencies and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
Communication and Training:
* Liaise with Visa University on Compliance Training coordination with critical corporate policies
* Liaise with Corporate Communication on Compliance Communication Campaigns
* Develop strategy that connect the global Compliance message with the regional Compliance offices around the world
* Consistently foster collaboration and respect among Team members by addressing elements of the group process that impedes, or could impede the group from reaching its goal
* Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
* This position requires no travel
* This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.