Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Cognizant is hiring for "Security Admin"- Hartford, CT, Interested candidates who are willing to relocate within the USA can apply. Relocation assistance will be provided
Note:“Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.”
Assist in the hands-on implementation of multiple DLP solutions.
· Provide DLP subject matter expertise and thought leadership as an extended member of a customer team.
· Provide guidance, recommendations, best practices, etc. for DLP operations.
· Stabilize and optimize DLP system performance, including rules and reports.
· Assist with DLP component upgrades, installs, testing and configuration.
· Liaise with Symantec Support, Engineering, Product Management, and others within Symantec on behalf of the customer.
· Provide single point of contact and hands-on escalation and remediation for critical issues.
· Respond rapidly to unplanned events, including after hours for Severity 1 issues.
· Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
· Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services.
· Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels.
· Keep the Account Team informed of major issues or new opportunities.
· Travel may be required to remote sites on an as-needed basis.
· 3+ years of experience administering, supporting, or consulting on Symantec DLP (Vontu) in a large enterprise customer environment.
· 3+ years of experience in Information Security, including: Incident Response and Remediation, Forensic Analysis, security tools such as security tools such as NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, Backtrack, Encase, Helix, FTK.
· Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
· Working knowledge with compliance and regulation standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA.
· Working knowledge of operating system platforms, routers, web proxies (BlueCoat), network protocols, and security architecture.
· Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Oracle or competitive database platforms.
· Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
· Superb written and verbal communications skills in English.
· Willingness to work out of normal business hours without prior notice (upon customer demand).
Candidates should have expertise with the following product(s):
Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Ideal candidates will also have expertise with the following product(s):
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.