Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Our great Fortune 500 client in Downtown Milwaukee has an immediate contract to hire opening for a Cloud Engineer. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Build and improve platform capabilities and services with highly available and performant distributed systems while addressing a variety of technical needs & issues including automation/self-service, security concerns around identity & access, data protection, CICD security, high availability, monitoring, scalability, self-healing, and effective cost postures
· Develop Infra as Code for platform capabilities and services using Terraform, Lambda, Kubernetes native deployments, & Docker for the entire Lifecycle of application and infrastructure
· Lead in the execution and development of key projects and initiatives. Examples may include IaaS automation, cost management, security auto-remediation, IAM role, and policy management
· Operate as a valued contributor of specific team tracks to plan, execute and release features and future capability
· Be a technology leader & drive innovation by scouting the market for new technologies, tools and quickly prototype to ensure that the platform is constantly evolving in its capability
Experience with cloud native distributed systems technology such as Kubernetes, Elastic, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.
· Mastery of traditional or cloud computing competencies including: Networking, Compute, Storage, Development, Data, Operations, or Security
· Demonstrable experience with Infra as Code concepts and tooling including Ansible, Terraform, Python, JSON, and YAML
· Proficiency with modern development and scripting languages (Python, Golang, JS, .Net Core)
· Strong work planning, documentation, and presentation skills
· Demonstrated implementation of high-availability concepts
· Ability to teach, mentor, and collaborate in a team environment. Project tracks may include 5-7 engineers at a time
· Experience in analyzing performance and availability metrics, and deriving course of action to remediate issues and failures
· Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal ContractorWe request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.