Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Media Production Specialist supports learning projects that span across large and/or multiple areas, as well as support complex and large-scale change, such as supporting a new system or product implementation to multiple job functions that may affect many processes. The primary function of this role is to is create learning modules that include images, videos, etc. This role will work with Instructional Designers to design learning experiences that are at the cutting edge of self-service and self-paced learning. This will also include building self-study courses based on designer provided storyboards, audio recording and editing, software simulations and demos, training documentation, graphic design, basic webpage design and maintenance, and podcasts and video production, as needed. This position will also support the training request process as well as setting up and producing live webinars.
- Associate s degree, required
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a training/media production role, required
- Experience in a detail-oriented task-based role that highly leverages technology, required
- Experience with setting up e-learning for delivery through a learning management system (LMS), required
- Experience designing virtual live and self-paced e-learning experiences, required
- Experience with audio and basic video production, required
- Experience with interpreting regulatory guidelines, rules and laws, preferred
- Experience at a professional services firm, preferred
- Experience in writing effective learning objectives, preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat, required
- Experience with high-level course development tools such as Articulate 360, Storyline 2, Captivate and/or Lectora, required
- Experience with Camtasia, Audacity, Soundforge and Storyline, required
- Experience with advanced development tools such as Photoshop, Premiere, Media Encoder, Audition, Flash and SharePoint preferred
- HTML knowledge, preferred
- Basic knowledge of copyright laws, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand and interpret NASBA and AICPA guidelines, and apply them to training modules
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications with a minimum of supervision/instruction
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- Strong customer service attitude, with the ability to provide guidance to internal customers
- Clean and beautiful design style
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you. Handle details accurately and in a timely manner. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands.
- A true team player: Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Excellent active listening, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure, have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and collaboratively, and make decisions; manage and develop multiple projects simultaneously based on priority and project stage
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability