Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Job Title: SQL Server DBA
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Right to Hire
Database Administrator supporting all aspects of MS SQL Server database administration for custom developed and vendor supplied applications. Will be expected to maintain a strong level of IT industry knowledge and industry trends and how they impact the environment and relevant best practices on DBA operations. The DBA will need to understand the DBMS technology and how to apply to fit the needs of business partners when called upon in the role of subject matter expert.
Will be called upon to support ALL applications - not limited to a specific SBU or application. DBA staff covers full range of environments. We are not backroom DBAs, nor are we production only or development only DBAs. We are more of logical or Application DBAs but called upon as SMEs for the entire SQL Server environment. We work with IBM-DBA, however their role is limited to installation of SQL Server software.
* This slot will be to support the off-hours/off-shore developers in the future.
* They will need to be available for team meetings.
* Will work in all DB environments - Development, Integration, UAT and production
* Will handle on-call and weekend work.
* Environment is migrating from physical to virtual implementation - experience completing this a plus.
* SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016 implementations in the environment
* Physical clustering experience - a plus
* Communications ability is key - various levels of business and technical contact. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively to all levels. Crisp, concise delivery of technical information a must - will be part of the interview process.
* One legacy SQL Server environment uses NetBackup as Backup technology.
* 2nd legacy SQL Server environment uses TDP for SQL as Backup technology.
* Legacy PRS SQL Server environment uses the native SQL backup utility.
* Project underway to replace NetBackup with TDP for SQL as company standard is TSM on VTL, and Ace used tape.
* Experience with IDERA tool sets is a plus.
* Educational requirements * college degree in Computer Science or Computer Technology preferred
* Required skills, knowledge, abilities, etc.
* MS SQL Server knowledge (version 2008, and 2012 required), SQL2014 and SQL2016 preferred.
* TDP for SQL and TSM knowledge preferred.
* NetBackup knowledge * a plus.
* MS SQL Server certifications * a plus
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.