Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
FUNCTION: Under minimal supervision, provides first level of management and technical supervision of the general and daily operations of the Plumbing Shop. Provides leadership and ensures accountability and adherence to departmental policies. Performs work requiring high degree of independent judgment, extensive planning, organization, coordinating, and prioritizing of efforts.
1. Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns, and reviews the technical maintenance work and new construction rendered by unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled works assigned to multi-trade work team(s).
2. Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and training of staff. Performs on-the-job training and participates in performance management process.
3. Reviews work orders; determines work priority and makes appropriate personnel assignments; makes recommendations regarding work that falls outside the scope of the shop and suggests alternatives for timely and appropriate completion.
4. Ensures adequate supplies, materials, and equipment are maintained for each scheduled project or work order; initiates and/or prepares documentation related to purchase transactions; may recommend and supervise vendors.
5. Recommends and oversees internal operating procedures.
6. Prepares estimate of time, labor, and materials to be used on assigned projects. May assist in preparing contractual specifications for construction, renovation, or overhaul work to be done by outside contractors.
7. May make recommendations for budget projections and departmental planning for area of responsibility.
8. Prepares a variety of special and recurring reports and analyses reflecting daily operations and project status.
9. Evaluates repair work to be performed and determines work of an emergency nature needing immediate attention.
10. Inspects shops and work areas and equipment to ensure adherence to safety, sanitary, and security regulations. Ensures area meets established standards.
11. Inspects completed job assignments for adherence to trade standards and contract specifications.
12. Troubleshoots problems and performs maintenance repairs.
13. Operates and ensures operational readiness and safety of the tools and equipment of the trade(s). Repairs and/or directs the repair of machinery and equipment using hand and power tools, precision measuring devices, and testing instruments.
14. Has regular contacts with University representatives and outside vendors and agencies to gather and disseminate a wide variety of information.
15. Ensures that personnel supervised are informed of and adhere to established health and safety practices associated with assigned tasks.
16. Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education: GED/High School Grad OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience; AND:
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Supervision: Supervisor - Primary Role
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.