Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fletcher, North Carolina
To provide design, planning, implementation and support for industrial control activities related to Manufacturing, Maintenance and Quality departments in the manufacture of carrier components.
• Set, Develop and Execute cost saving programs with potential and ongoing suppliers.
• Monitor supplier’s price, quality, delivery; take corrective action when required;
• Develop and maintain alternative production suppliers in the event that existing suppliers cannot meet delivery/quality/pricing requirements;
• Analyze and negotiate price change requests for assigned parts;
• Accumulate, prepare and present necessary reports concerning cost trends (steel indexes & currency) and price changes;
• Maintain and update all purchase orders, price change notices, order history, quote information, and correspondence, for all production parts held responsible;
• Maintain supplier database to ensure data integrity and accuracy;
• Conduct necessary visits to Meritor plants and suppliers
• Initiate, lead or support value chain improvements (VA\VE) activities at suppliers for cost reduction.
• Support cross-functions team (business unit) in product launches.
• Improve customer satisfaction (external and internal) by developing a dedicated supply base.