Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join our team and be part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments. The University of Wisconsin Organ and Tissue Donation service is located within a major academic medical center and is recognized as one of the most successful organ procurement programs in the nation.
We have a great Student Help opportunity that will allow you to use your excellent communication skills to contribute to the UW Health Living Donor Program. In this role you will:
- Work with Donor Champions on behalf of the patient to source possible donors.
- Assist the Manager of Living Donor Program to coordinate living donor class.
- Use social media and other forms of communication/advertising to reach potential donors.
Minimum - Current student in a post-secondary college or university.
Preferred - Field of study related to the department.
Minimum - General customer service/administrative experience.
Preferred – Experience with social media and proofreading. Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications including an understanding of the English language.
- Employee must be able to problem-solve, make decisions, and work independently.
- Employee is expected to offer excellent customer service by being courteous, positive, and sensitive to customer and patient needs.
- Employee is expected to follow UW Health Employee Work Rules and department dress code, sanitation, and safety work standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
W ork Schedule:
Monday – Friday between 8-4:30, 8-10 hours/week. Hours are flexible and may include evening and weekend hours if desired.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nations leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
Learn more about this opening
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.