Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
* Req ID: 75007
* Department: Engineering
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Position Type: Union
* Location: Lacrosse, Wisconsin
* Country: United States
* # of Positions: 2
* Compensation Rate: $23.08 - $25.67 per hour
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 10/31/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To safely maintain the physical railway track within a specific territory in accordance with guidelines set forth by the FRA and Canadian Pacific.
* Track maintenance and renewal work;
* Uses hand tools and small machines and may be called upon to operate large track renewal equipment;
* Standing, lifting, squatting for long periods of time;
* Ability to lift tools and equipment of 50lbs or greater.
* Must be able to travel and have adequate transportation;
* Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations and perform tasks in accordance with those rules;
* CDL license or in the process of obtaining one is preferred;
* Mechanical and welding experience is desirable;
* Must be able to perform physically strenuous work outdoors in all types of weather;
* Available to respond to emergent conditions 24/7/365;
* Abnormal working hours and times, may change per the collective bargaining agreement;
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Employer Funded Retirement Plan
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
* Part-time Studies Program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a Safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Last 7 Years employment history
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.