Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
GP is looking for Mechanical Planners for the OSB facility in Fairfax, SC who are willing to use their efforts to help Georgia Pacific be as successful.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Conduct field walk downs to scope out all components necessary for successful work execution
- Complete job safety assessments and enter into database
- Order all parts and materials for jobs
- Maintain and build bills of material and other information stored in a computerized maintenance management system database
- Create model work orders for repetitive work
- Keep equipment files up to date
- Create and update preventative maintenance procedures
- Extensive communications with crafts people, contractor representatives, and materials suppliers are required daily.
- Excellent organization, planning, and communication skills - both oral and written
- Competency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Strong work ethic and customer focus
- Ability to perform self-directed work
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a heavy industrial maintenance department or manufacturing facility
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Competency with a computerized maintenance management system, i.e. Passport, Maximo, MP2, SAP
- Prior experience in Maintenance Planning/Scheduling
- Associate degree (or greater) in a Technical or Engineering field of study
- Experience in Coordinating Contractors
- Working knowledge of effective preventive/predictive maintenance methods and process
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical drive systems and components
- Working knowledge of proper methods and tools used in an industrial maintenance environment
- Knowledge of precision maintenance and laser alignment techniques
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf