Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
Hearst Media Solutions is looking for a Digital Sales Director to meet/exceed revenue and budget goals while focusing on driving profitable growth within their list of categories and accounts. He/she will also work in close collaboration with the brand teams at individual titles on integrated opportunities, and help raise the level of comfort on digital sales strategy across the organization. Consistent education surrounding the latest technology, trading platforms and a particular focus on branded content is crucial. Strong client and agency contacts are required.
Qualifications/ Key Requirements:
• 5 years minimum online media ad sales or advertising agency experience
• In-depth knowledge of the unique dynamics of the marketplace, relevant advertiser segments, industry challenges, etc.
• Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals as determined by management
• Must possess a large database of digital agency, strategy and client decision-makers
• Ability to identify and establish prospect lists and create revenue opportunities
• Problem solver and creative thinker able to develop solutions based on customer needs
• Excellent communication skills in all environments: email, phone and face to face
• Proficient in DSM (inventory management) and SalesForce (business management), two primary tools required to manage performance to goal
• Working knowledge of Media Metrix, Comscore, @ Plan, Omniture
• Account Management proficiency from RFP to IO actualization
• A strong focus on being in-market: target 8-10 weekly sales calls, client entertaining, and relationship building activities on a weekly basis
Ideally the candidate would possess:
• Strong sales skills with a proven track record
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Customer centric attitude
• Self-starter with strong team ideals and an entrepreneurial spirit
• High level of integrated sales experience to maximize content offerings as well as collaborate with Integrated Hearst Magazine and Hearst Corporate initiatives
• The ability to forecast projected revenue accurately
• A focus on achieving sales metrics including exceeding the average deal size, average close ration, CPM growth and balancing the ratio of custom to standard programs as it relates to HMS Average
• IAB Sales Certification preferred