Posted in General Business 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
As a Petroleum Inspector, you will be asked to perform the necessary volume measurements, temperature measurements, sampling, calculations, documentation, and reporting which ensure that the customer receives an independent, accurate, and complete assessment of quantity and quality of material.
· To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines,
rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
· To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
· To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
· To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
· To perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks.
· To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
· To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
· To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
· must have a grasp of basic mathematics, and must, in the opinion of the hiring authority, be trainable in the practical aspects of the job.
· must be physically able to do the work required, with the ability to climb shore tanks and board barges. Will be required to work in confined spaces.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· must have reliable personal transportation and valid Driver license.
· must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.