Assist in the administration of the plant environmental, health, and safety policies to help ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and to meet or exceed established goals.
1. Update Plant Safety practices documents as directed to create a safe working environment.
2. File Worker's Compensation claims as needed and maintain document files.
3. Accompany employees on initial visits physicians or drug screens as needed. On occasion, attend follow-up visits as well.
4. Assist in safety and technical training as needed and directed.
5. Work with EH&S Manager on various projects and initiatives.
6. Environmental data entry, monitoring reports and maintaining on-site files for inspectors.
7. Assist in Conducting ongoing safety inspections and audits of facilities, operations, and equipment to insure a safe working environment for all AWC employees.
8. Maintain updated OSHA and EPA required written programs and recommend / conduct training as necessary under direction of EH&S Manager.
9. Assists in Industrial Hygiene monitoring for noise and chemical exposure and Maintain files
10. Administers and maintains MSDS Programs.
11. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
12. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles.
13. Perform other tasks as directed by EH&S manager.
This position typically has no direct supervision responsibilities, but will assist others in ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations.
* Environmental Health and Safety Compliance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
BS degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Safety Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
2 to 4 years experience; manufacturing experience preferred.
Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-PowerPoint.
Must be able to KEEP CONFIDENTAL information CONFIDENTAL!!
Work Independently to meet deadlines and reporting goals.
Track record of successful project management is a plus.
Must have experience in working in a team environment,to meet/exceed goals.
Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills.
Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Experience with implementation and administration of a Reporting Programs is a plus.
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled