Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Backed by more than 30 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
This is skilled work in electrical construction and maintenance activities. Work involves responsibility for the performance of skilled electrical tasks in the maintenance of electrical systems, a large variety of electrical equipment and fixtures, including electrical facilities. Supervision may be exercised over subordinates. Assignments are usually given orally but may be received in writing and may be accompanied by sketches or blueprints. Work is performed independently, with considerable latitude for determining materials and work methods used. Work is subject to inspection by a superior during progress and upon completion.
* Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring and conduit runs in City buildings in accordance with City building codes.
* Installs electrical panels, switches, motors, electronic and monitoring control systems for building air-conditioning and heating.
* Repairs and installs conduit and wiring in and about a municipal power plant, tests and installs supervisory control equipment.
* Participates in installing, checking and inspecting for proper operation of automatic switchboards, electronic control systems, electric storage batteries, meters, instruments and related electrical apparatus and equipment.
* Inspects electrical panels to ensure safety, efficient function, and uninterrupted usage of electrical systems.
* Must pass a background check & drug screen
* Must possess and maintain a clean & valid State driver's license
* Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent including training in electrical work.
* Four (4) years of experience as an electrician apprentice and one (1) year of experience as a journeyman (post licensure).
* May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Working Conditions:
* Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, tools and materials used in the electrical trade.
* Knowledge of the construction and functions of a wide variety of electrical equipment such as transformers, motors, pumps, air-conditioners and related equipment.
* Knowledge in the use of a wide variety of electrical testing devices including volt meters, ammeters, ohm meters, watt meters and other related devices.
* Knowledge of the occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions of the electrical trade.
* Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of air-conditioning equipment.
* Skill in locating and adjusting defects in electrical systems and equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral or written instructions, to read and interpret sketches, diagrams and blueprints.
* Medium work that involves walking, standing, stooping, jumping, stretching, or lifting all of the time and also involves exerting between 20 to 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis or exceptional skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands, limbs in tasks involving very close tolerances or limits of accuracy.
* The job risks exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, animals/wildlife, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, and heights.
* The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of taste, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled