Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina
Location: Morrisville, NC, US
Expected Travel: Up to 10%
REQUISITION ID: 1343
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine - At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia and emergency medicine techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. Through collaboration with global clinical experts, we lead the way in the development of technology, clinical research and education to improve practice in a meaningful way. Today, our LMA and R sch brands include some of the most advanced airway management devices on the market. The Arrow portfolio of pain management products is designed to improve patients post-operative pain experience. And our Arrow EZ-IO System helps address the time-critical challenge of emergency intraosseous vascular access. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients lives. POSITION SUMMARY
The Research & Development (Engineering) intern will assist the Engineering team as assigned in efforts that support either development, testing or administrative needs associated with current projects in the Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine business unit. This internship will report to a manager in the R&D team, but will work with members of sustaining, product development, lab tech and design teams as assigned. Project work will be under close supervision and may be done under non-disclosure agreement. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist with the analyses, tactical and adminsitrative duties to support execution of engineering projects.
* Gain proficiency in R&D softwares, lab tech devices, and related equipment in the labs.
* Provide suppport for projects such as data review, technical writing, running of protocols for design verification and other related R&D activities..
* Gather data on current products to support marketing, engineering, and regulatory requests.
* Support multiple projects and make sure they are completed in a timely manner.
* Understand and assist other team members in data analysis, accounts, clinical education opportunities, etc.
* Demonstrate professional responsibilities by cooperating with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives, and departmental goals and objectives.
* Maintain compliance with principles of accepted employee conduct as identified in the Teleflex Code of Ethics and as specified in departmental policies and procedures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Student pursuing bachelor s degree in engineering. Mechanical or electrical engineering may be accepted, but biomedical engineering is preferred. Evidenced strong performance in collegiate studies.
* One year of medical device or other related design experience is a major plus.
* Knowledge of CADD (design/drafting) program, to include SolidWorks experience is preferred.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* One year of medical device or other related design experience a plus. Knowledge of Material Science preferred. Injection molding, plastic extrusion and plastic part assembly process and methods preferred.
* Knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) and analytical (data, particularly via use of Excel).
* Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices.
* Organize, evaluate, and coordinate engineering studies with professional, technical, and clerical staff of a product evaluation department.
* Analyze complex, technical and administrative problems and adopt an effective course of action.
* Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
* Prepare clear and concise statements and reports.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow , Deknatel , Hudson RCI , LMA , Pilling , R sch , UroLift and Weck trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, R sch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/