Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
EMT BASIC IN PIERRE, SD
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
The EMT is frequently the first or second contact with whom AMR customers, especially patients, have interaction. As a result, the EMT must be responsive and adaptable to meet customers expectations. The EMT must adapt to the changes in scope of delivery and practices. This may require adapting to new delivery protocols, or training curriculum to maintain certification.
An increasing challenge is adapting to the changing nature of healthcare delivery in the United States. With healthcare reform, regulatory changes, and changing reimbursement, the EMT profession is evolving. The EMT must recognize that an expansion of his/her role is necessary to meet the needs of those individuals served. The role now expands beyond the foundational work of providing compassionate and clinically competent care. The EMT must consider the use of appropriate facilities and understand the reimbursement structure in order to transport the patient to the right facility and ensure payment. The end result decreases customer stress, avoids care delays due to reimbursement constraints, eliminates unnecessary multiple patient transports, and increases customer satisfaction. Growing economic pressures also require the EMT to think of his/her actions and their financial impact.
The EMT is often the focal point for interaction with the fire department and other service providers, as well as other responding agencies, such as the police department. To provide successful response, all agency personnel must work together.
In addition, the delivery of care is often provided to individuals who are afraid or even panicked. Further, service delivery is being provided in communities with increasingly diverse populations.
Finally, changing technology requires the EMT to keep up-to-date with new ways of communicating, documenting and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
* Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
* Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit s ability to complete a call.
* Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
* Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
* Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
* Attends all mandatory in-services.
* Other Duties as defined on the job description.
* Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by County to which assigned
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
* Emergency vehicle operation knowledge
* Radio communication skills
* Thorough knowledge of medical supplies and equipment contained in the vehicle
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
* Ability to perform the essential job functions
* Regular and predictable attendance
* Acceptable driving record
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled