Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: MOUNT JOY, Pennsylvania
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
As one of the largest business units of TE Connectivity, TE Industrial is a leading global solutions provider with a broad portfolio of components and system solutions for clients in various industries. The growing demand for personalized products, a never-ending stream of new market requirements, the need for consistently high product quality, and an increasing interconnectedness make the use of highly advanced production systems a must. TE's Industrial solutions provide the basis for this flexible production -- by helping our customers to become more connected, addressing Smart Factory needs, connect and transmit vast amounts of data quickly, enable connectivity in harsh environments, increase productivity, meet localized manufacturing needs, and realize energy efficiency requirements. Industrial's primary goals include enabling smarter automation, enabling smarter rail transportation, and empowering intelligent buildings. JOB OVERVIEW
TE Connectivity's Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
TE Connectivity is looking for a forward thinking, hands-on, enthusiastic, open-minded purchasing analyst looking for a new challenge! The candidate would have experience in a manufacturing environment, and would be a strong team player with a positive attitude. Ideally, this individual will have experience in project management and cross functional teams. The candidate should also be comfortable interfacing with a wide range of employees, from management to assembly operator.
This role will provide the opportunity to quickly grow and develop into a manager position. RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Ensure the plant runs uninterrupted from external supply constraints.
* Improve procurement quality and delivery to the customer via responsiveness and contract execution.
* Reduce Lead Times to complete procurement process, from initial request to contract completion.
* Reduce overall cost for the various commodities while driving significant savings in order to meet TE Business Unit savings goals.
* Execute competitive bidding, negotiation, contractual agreements.
* Participate in technical and/or continuous improvement activities.
* Cross functional collaboration across-regions and business units to optimize TE leverage.
* Learn, promote and provide instruction on established processes, standard works and best demonstrated practices developed to support the supply base.
* Stamping and Contract Manufacturing, Assembly strategy Commodity Development Plan
* Cost Savings
* Lead-time reduction
* Quality Improvement - Sustainable
* Poor Performing supplier strategy - improve, development or exit (if long-term solutions are identified, interim short-term solutions need to be identified and implemented)
* New Technology requirements (product or process) identified
* examples select gold and/or turnkey, supermarkets, economic order quantities
* Act as an interface between supply base and internal customer to provide project support for issues related to supplier performance.
* Maintain accurate reporting and communication for supplier capabilities, capacity and performance information for improving supplier selection process.
* Participate/Support supplier development efforts based on technical deficiency or areas of weak performance. This can include developing a corrective action plan to address non-compliant issues. Supplier Audits and/or root cause analysis (8D or 5S) may be required to help develop an appropriate corrective action plan.
* Participate in Business reviews with Strategic Suppliers.
* Identify and implement cost savings projects related to your assigned commodities.
* Support the TEOA-P initiatives and Star Level attainment for Supplier Delivery, Core Material Productivity, and Defective Lots Per Million.
* Assure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures
* 5+ years' experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement/Purchasing.
* Education: Bachelor level degree in Business, Procurement, Finance or related field. Advanced
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
* Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex financial documentation and RFP submissions and make recommendations to management.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills.
* Must be extremely organized and able to meet or exceed critical deadlines.
* Ability for periodic travel required.
* Proficient in MS office suite; advanced Excel, Power point.
* Previous SAP experience or training a plus.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation