Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager organization that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients around the world. PGIM Private Capital is one of the largest asset managers of private debt securities with nearly $81 billion of private debt and equity investments in more than 1,000 companies worldwide (as of September 2018). PGIM Private Capital typically invests over $10 billion annually in privately placed senior and mezzanine financings with middle-market companies.
PGIM Private Capital is known for investing in relationships, providing strategic capital and delivering consistent results. PGIM Private Capital provides financing across the private capital risk spectrum and its regional office network has locations in North America, the UK/Europe, and Australia.
PGIM Private Capital Infrastructure Finance team manages a multi-billion dollar portfolio of PGIM Private Capital private placement investments in non-energy infrastructure debt, with a focus on North America, UK/Europe and Australia, and in key sectors such as transportation infrastructure (ports, airports, rail, roads), social infrastructure (stadiums, key governmental facilities), and water/wastewater.
The position is located in Newark, NJ, and at times, significant travel will be required.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
This Infrastructure Finance role at PGIM Private Capital will play a critical part in business development, new transaction analysis and portfolio management. The incumbent has the opportunity to not only leverage their existing background and career experiences, but also apply a unique new blend of skills, including financial analysis, marketing, transaction structuring, negotiation and client management.
Responsibilities Include (but will not be limited to):
• Business development/transaction origination: Generating new deal flow through direct calling on issuers and via intermediaries and project sponsors.
• New transaction analysis: Managing the credit review process, including financial modeling, creating and presenting written and oral analyses and coordinating internal approvals.
• Investment recommendation: Determining the appropriate credit quality, pricing decisions and investment amount for a particular company/transaction.
• Deal execution: Developing and negotiating the terms and structure of Prudential’s investment and assisting with the documentation process.
• Portfolio management: Understanding the investments under management through active monitoring of company and/or project performance.
• Excellent analytical, accounting and marketing skills.
• Minimum 3 years of previous investment or similar business experience, and an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, or 4 to 7 years of investment or similar business experience. ,
• Familiarity with the capital markets (knowledge of debt and equity security terms and valuation methodologies).
• Previous experience in infrastructure investing
• Strong writing, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
• Strong desire to make marketing calls and a natural ability to connect with people.
• Participation in the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) program
• Willingness to travel as needed.