at SGS North America Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
- Utilize aseptic techniques during sample preparation and microbiological/chemical analyses.
- Prepare test solutions and reagents.
- Maintain proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal of solutions, biohazard and hazardous waste, and microbiological cultures.
- Perform serial dilutions and enumerate target microorganisms according to standard operating procedures.
- Detect pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and Protein-based methods.
- Prep are and sterilize culture media.
- Analyze chemical composition using standard laboratory equipment.
- Maintain and verify general laboratory equipment.
- Document and record accurate data using Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Manage time and tasks efficiently while maintaining an exceptional quality of work.
- Think independently while working in a team environment.
- Be detail oriented while understanding the big picture.
- A four-year degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science, biology, or related discipline or equivalent industrial laboratory experience
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- E xperience with Windows PC and Microsoft Office.
- LIMS software experience a plus
- Schedule inc ludes at least one weekend day and evening hours