Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
GULF COAST REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures(R) - heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care - for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
The PCT provides quality care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse and performs clerical and receptionist duties.
* Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of basic patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs and intake and output.
* Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
* Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
* Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
* Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts and medication orders.
* Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
* Demonstrates an understanding of patients charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
* Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
* Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the notification reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
* May have access to the medication room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
* Other duties as assigned.
YOUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
* Paid Time Off
* Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee discount program
* Employee stock purchase program
* Student loan repayment
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification preferred
* BLS required at hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Experience commensurate with unit standards
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders.
* Knowledge of body substance isolation.
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners' needs.
* Basic computer skills
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.