Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
It\'s way more fun to support financials on a healthy business than a struggling one....
and our family owned company has been generating healthy finances for 5 generations! But we\'re not complacent -- we\'re constantly looking for ways to be innovative and find better solutions for our customers. That doesn\'t end with the products and services we bring to restaurants, hospitals, and educational systems. It carries to the way we manage our business transactions in the short-term and our strategy for the long-term.
Our Accounting and Finance teams play an important role in keeping Gordon Food Service operating effectively and efficiently. From strategic work in the development of annual and long-range operating plans to establishing infrastructure that keeps financial transactions flowing efficiently (our employees and vendors like that!), to credit operations that recognize the unique positions of our customers large and small.....we are reliant on this group of professionals and the work they do each week, each month, each quarter.
The Accounts Payable Analyst assists Shared Services Leadership with analytical data as needed, including but not limited to the month-end close process, GL account reconciliation & analysis, preparation of various monthly reports, and provide support for day to day activity. They also collaborate on strategic projects as necessary.
* Function as the central point of contact for specific, more complex activity; both internally and externally
* Assist with the closing process, including but not limited to auditing and preparing information or reports to substantiate account reconciliations and balances
* Prepares and organizes data for internal and external audit requirements
* Preparation of studies, discrepancy analysis, reports, metrics and other analysis to support their Shared Service Department
* Using advanced Excel skills
* Participate in Business Process Review and Alignment
* Participate in departmental projects as assigned
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will have:
* One-year previous work experience with Bachelor Degree or three-years experience without Bachelor Degree
* Strong Excel knowledge
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Experience with Account Reconciliation is preferred
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.