Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lansing, Michigan
ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (CYLINDER LOADER) LANSING, MI!
2ND SHIFT: 2:00PM-10:30PM
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Production Associate (Cylinder Loader) will be responsible for loading and unloading of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on / off trucks in compliance with federal, state, local regulations. The Loader will also be responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
* Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
* Understands hazards of various gases, size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
* Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
* Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse/material-handling equipment.
* Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
* Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets, ensuring they are strapped in.
* Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
* Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment
* Segregates out test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
* Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One year of experience in manufacturing operations or loading experience preferred.
* Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to safely operate a forklift.
* Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the position.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability