Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Come join our family and be part of a team of individuals who enjoy excellent health and retirement benefits, competitive pay, a clean, comfortable, air-conditioned work environment, and co-workers who enjoy working and learning together as a team.
The Production Manager is responsible for the Operational Excellence and Employer of Choice objectives specific to their assigned product lines within the business. Production Managers ensure the manufacturing process runs smoothly, are cost effective and deliver products on time at the required quality level. The PM works closely with supervisors, maintenance technicians, buyers, suppliers, quality control, HR and health and safety managers.
Essential Job Functions
* Responsible for fostering a culture of safety and ensuring a safe work environment. Accountable for the safety of their employees.
* Manage a work environment that delivers not more than 500 Defective Parts Per Million (DPPM) measured on a six-month rolling basis with not more than 5 quality escapes annually.
* Accountable for product quality, including ensuring that policies & procedures are followed to ensure adequate traceability.
* Accountable for process compliance (ensuring that manufacturing processes conducted on the floor are performed to the procedures correctly).
* Responsible for on time delivery (OTIF) to commit dates greater than 95% of the time measured on a six-month rolling basis by planning, reviewing, identifying & eliminating constraints to on time delivery and/or revenue plans
* Responsible for the efficient an effective planning and scheduling for all assigned manufacturing lines.
* Responsible for meeting inventory levels and management of excess & obsolete inventory by maximizing material flow through the facility.
* Accountable for manufacturing planning to minimize OT expenses.
* Accountable for manufacturing variances.
* Accountable for discretionary manufacturing expenses. Accountable for managing and minimizing scrap level(s) in their assigned area(s).
* Support and deploy continuous improvement tools and methodologies to drive improvements in key performance indicators (KPI) through the rigorous planning, execution and conclusion of focused Continuous Improvement events.
* Promote employee engagement and accountability on a daily basis by maintaining a work environment committed to caring, honesty and fairness, open communication, involvement, coaching, and ethical behavior.
* Establish baseline/target levels of cross training & develop/execute a plan to close the gap between target & baseline.
* Work to develop and train direct reports in skills necessary to advance them to the next level of authority and responsibility.
* Promote the overall safety culture by both following and enforcing all safety policies and assisting in accident prevention efforts by identifying and addressing hazards.
* Create and deliver verbal and written reports, trend metrics, charts and other communication tools to demonstrate the performance of assigned areas and communicate the health of the value stream between all levels of the organization.
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
* 3+ years' experience in leading/supervising a diverse workforce; preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills applied at all levels of the organization
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Office and ERP system applications
* Demonstrated strength in planning and organizing workflow to meet internal and external requirements
* Strong knowledge and demonstrated application of continuous improvement tools and methods to minimize waste
* Demonstrated leadership skills; team builder, able to develop, organize and motivate employees in many different disciplines at varied skill/experience levels
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
* Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in Technical, Operations or Business Management; or substantial equivalent work experience.
In addition to competitive wages, NMG is proud to offer a retirement savings plan with company matching opportunity, excellent health and wellness benefits including a $350 annual wellness allowance for assistance with personal health and fitness goals, can earn up to 4 weeks paid-time off, on the job training, education assistance and variety of other supportive programs to meet our team members needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.