Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Newcomb and Company - Raleigh, NC
About Us: Founded in 1954, Newcomb and Company is a full-service mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors with innovative, energy efficient heating and air conditioning services, automation and controls, industrial piping, new-construction design and installation, and maintenance and replacement services.
Job Title: Helper
Department: Commercial Construction
Reports To: Construction Project Manager
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Follow company safety policy to ensure a safe work environment.
* Load and unload tools and material.
* Setup of equipment at beginning of shift and breakdown at end of shift.
* Stage, organize, and inventory materials and equipment for project.
* Daily clean-up and housekeeping of jobsites, vehicles, and work area.
* Aid in the layout and installation of mechanical systems and refrigerant piping.
* Assist in the setting of equipment with the aid of a crane, boom truck, forklift, or other construction vehicles.
* Assist other company crews as needed.
* Maintain assigned tools and issued safety equipment.
* Maintain daily communication with your direct supervisor.
* Enter time worked daily and submit timesheet weekly.
* Follow all policies as outlined in the company handbook and safety documentation.
* Monitor jobsite to ensure a safe work environment and report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
* Overtime or varied shift work hours may be required.
* Willingness to perform variety of tasks requiring limited trade knowledge to support skilled mechanics and foreman.
* Ability to be attentive to surroundings conditions and dangers associated with each task.
* Tool Requirements: basic hand tools (e.g. cordless drill, hammer, screwdrivers, snips, tape measure, crescent wrench, channel locks, torpedo level, etc).
* General Requirements: ability to operate a forklift or other heavy equipment pending proper equipment certification provided by company. Company vehicle use will be subject to motor vehicle report and authorization.
* Physical Requirements: ability to perform additional physical activities that require considerable use of limbs and appendages such as climbing, lifting, reaching above shoulders, balancing, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to lift, move and handle 80lbs tools or materials. Ability to climb and work from ladders, aerial lifts, or scaffolding. Ability to work in tight spaces or uneven terrain. Ability to work in environmental conditions that range from working outdoors during all seasons, indoor office environments, and utility plants.
Should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor or our warehouse.
* This position requires the ability to walk and climb stairs and ladders. This may include tight and difficult situations and uneven terrain.
* This position includes occasionally assisting loading or unloading materials in the warehouse or stocking safety equipment and supplies.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.