Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Purpose: Monitor the quality, safety, and provide planning and direction directly to the assigned crew of craftsmen
for construction activities for construction projects.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of
employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
* Plan, coordinate and/or supervise construction activities of craft employees.
* Thoroughly review contract and all available scope documents, drawings, specifications, and shop
* Study project execution and tracking documents including the project execution plan, project safety plan,
QA/QC plan, schedule, man loading projections, equipment rental schedule, job cost breakdown and cost
codes, installed quantity and labor tracking plan, and subcontracting strategy.
* Establish shop specific rules and logistic guidelines that make sense as it relates to break times and
locations, smoking rules, shift start and stop times and locations, and food or drink concessions.
* Participate in project kickoff and team building activities.
* Ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
* Interface with Superintendent to ensure all company, client, and project policies and procedures are
* Interface with all project team members as required in the establishment of project schedules and
resolving schedule problems.
* Provide leadership and management for craftsmen, ensuring to organize and lay out work for crews.
* Ensure that materials, drawings, manpower, specifications, tools, consumables, and equipment are
available when needed.
* Provide prioritized work activity instructions to all crews and monitor their progress.
* Assist with the implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
* Responsibilities include verification of maintaining ASME, ANSI and associated codes as required per
* Maintain strict adherence to the policies set forth in the QA/QC manual.
* Mentor craft personnel for professional development.
* Determine training needs of craft personnel and assist them in obtaining that training.
* Monitor crew fatigue and schedule extra overtime only when absolutely necessary.
* Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
* Follow oral and written directions.
* Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in
compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a preemployment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA) Lauren Engineers & Constructors