Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Swedesboro, New Jersey
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Position Purpose (2nd shift 2p-1030p)
Packing finish goods according to packing cases specifications.
The General Labor, Bakery-Packing is under the supervision of the Packaging Manager and packs product according to case count and quality specifications.
* Packs production units in cases, according to case pack specifications.
* Ensures product units being packed are to quality and product specifications, including color, weight, height, length, appearance, and core temperature.
* Inserts master case liner, baking instructions, and retail bags as needed in formed cases.
* Ensures that finished cases have been accurately coded and identified.
* Places finished cases on pallets properly and labels pallets correctly.
* Records packaging documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
* Prepares box cartons with accurate labels for packaged products, and/or ensures that box labeler is accurately labeling cases.
* Operates various packaging equipment, which may include but is not limited to metal detectors, product counters, case erector/bag inserters, conveyors, box labelers, box tapers, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, and bag counters.
* Places palletized cases in the holding freezer.
* Alerts Packaging Foreman, Packaging Lead or Production Supervisor when metal detector is kicking off product units, or when other machinery is not functioning properly.
* Maintains sufficient materials for the Packaging Department, including but not limited to pallets, box cartons, box carton tape, master case inserts, baking instructions, pallet tags, correct retail bags, and correct box labels.
* May assist in collating retail bags according to case counts based on the production schedules.
* Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment, tools, containers and dollies; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Perform work tasks in harmony with peers.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Flexibility - Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
* Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed. Able to execute job tasks with minimal supervision.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* Ability to count to 60. Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to write numbers legibly.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions. Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Writes numbers legibly.
* Bilingual English and Spanish
* High School Diploma or GED
* Previous experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
* This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to subordinates, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)