Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
* Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and retrieve voice mail messages.
* Determines purpose of callers and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department; takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
* Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information; welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
* Assists with real estate escrow transactions by gathering, checking, and preparing documents; maintaining accounts; setting-up appointments.
* Assists with clerical processing of all documents connected to the initiation or closing of escrows, relieving escrow branches of high volume paperwork.
* Communicates requirements and other information to escrow staff, including Title exceptions.
* Responds promptly to needs of escrow staff; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required, updates appointment calendars, prepares travel vouchers, takes payments for services and products.
* Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications; maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes; Creates memos, correspondence, reports and other documents when necessary.
* Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
* Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
* Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* High school diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 1-2 years of related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..