Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
SHIFT: PRN (AS NEEDED)
Under immediate to general supervision, performs technical procedures that require application of high frequency ultrasonic waves to patients in the diagnosis of a variety of diseases.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Prepares patients for examinations and correlates clinical history with procedures ordered by physician to be performed
* Performs basic to advanced level ultrasound procedures in assigned specialty service area utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques in accordance with established clinical practice standards, guidelines and protocols
* Interacts with physicians, staff, family and patient to develop and implement the plan of care
* Communicates clinical findings and makes referrals regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel
* Assists in prioritizing and ensuring completion of clinical and non-clinical work assignments
* Prepares and presents in-services pertinent to assigned service area
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Graduation from an AMA approved program for Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Eligible for registry as a Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. BLS required upon hire.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may continue in the position for up to 6 months and must pass the registry as a Sonographer within that timeframe. Failure to satisfy these conditions may result in termination of employment with OU Medical System.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of ultrasound techniques and ultrasound equipment such as B-Scanner, Real Time, Doppler (pulsed wave and color flow), Echocardiographic 2-D and M-Mode. Skill in performing ultrasound examinations. Based on specific assignment, skill in performing general abdomen, o-gyn, small parts, pediatric and limited vascular ultrasound examinations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and other staff members. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.