Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
Planning is providing all necessary preparation and instruction for the efficient completion of a maintenance task and should include evaluating labor, parts, and material requirements and availability, detailed job plans or instructions, permit requirements, and production coordination requirements. This is a visionary that concentrates on multiple future activities with a focus directed toward preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM), and follow up activities to maximize maintenance crafts and maintain accurate asset information.
35% Develop job plans that incorporate best practices, precision maintenance techniques, acceptance criteria, safety procedures, with relevant documentation such as drawings and/or specifications required. The job plans will be developed to avoid anticipated delays, quality issues, or safety issues.
20% Identifies, reserves, acquires, and stages all parts, tools, and specialized equipment necessary for a job to ensure all necessary materials are on hand before commencement of repairs. These materials or services may be acquired through the inventory system, direct ordering of non-stocked items, and obtaining contract services.
10% Issue all PM, PdM, and work orders at proper intervals and include job plans, parts kitting, tools needed, required crafts and hours needed to accomplish job. These tasks will be routinely auditing for quality and compliance using the information for continuous improvement.
10% Develop communications between maintenance and operations to recognize and understand priorities. Active daily interaction with maintenance and operations along with participation in maintenance and operations planning meetings will define current priorities.
10% Maintaining accurate asset, job plan, and work order files utilizing a CMMS (Maximo/MXES) with pertinent information. The file system enables planners to utilize the asset data and information gained from previous work to prepare and improve the job plans on the repetitive tasks.
5% The Planner establishes the scope of work including clarification of the originators intent where necessary through interactions with operations, maintenance, engineering, reliability and any other work group required to finalize the full scope of work.
5% Serve as the subject matter expert for the workflow process, working with teams utilizing feedback information to further refine the process. In addition to being the owner of the equipment files.
5% Other duties such as: Train supervisors and engineers to use asset files to gather information they require with minimal planner assistance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• At least 3 years of experience in industrial, mine or military maintenance
• Experience related to Preventive Maintenance and PdM systems and methods
• Experience with part inventory management systems, methods, controls and vendor interaction
• Experienced and knowledgeable with CMMS preferably SAP PPM
• Strong Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to organize and plan tasks
• Ability to learn and apply maintenance best practices
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability/willingness to work underground
• Ability/willingness to work overtime, holidays or weekends if needed by the business
• Ability/willingness to lift between 20-40 lbs.
• 2+ years technical degree
• Experience in mining industry (1+ years)
• Maintenance experience with Diesel power, hydraulics, mechanical power transmission, and electrical systems
• Possess excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and technical writing
• Experienced in data report presentation – constructing and using computer based charts and graphs