Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Located just a couple of hours east of Seattle, Prestige Senior Living at Colonial Vista overlooks the beautiful town of Wenatchee, Washington. Our campus of care offers a continuum of care for you as your needs change. From independent and assisted living, to post-acute skilled nursing and rehabilitative care, we have all of your care needs covered.:
Prestige Senior Living at Colonial Vista enjoyed a deficiency-free survey in 2019!:
Prestige Senior Living at Colonial Vista is a perfect option for those who wish to maintain a level of independence and enjoy the comfort of home, but prefer the specialized programming, amenities, and relaxed atmosphere that comes with community-based living.:
The entire campus embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to encourage happiness and longevity, and we strive to help residents and patients achieve the purposeful, active lifestyle that they desire through events, activities and educational opportunities.:
Colonial Vista Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center offers post-acute, transitional care and rehabilitative therapy services all on one campus. The inter-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances. By working together, we can achieve the best possible outcomes for you and your family.:
Our post-acute and skilled nursing center is a contracted provider for Medicaid, Medicare and several managed care plans.:
Questions? Contact email@example.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
COME USE YOUR PASSION FOR FOOD TO SERVE OUR GREATEST GENERATION, AND BE PART OF AN AMAZING TEAM!
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
The Cook will prepare food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, sanitary practices, and resident preference, and in a manner that reflects quality of service and facility philosophy.
* Prepares food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, portion control and sanitary procedures meeting health department standards and company policies.
* Checks and records food temperatures prior to serving and serves meals that are palatable, appetizing and appealing.
* Reviews menus, making only necessary substitutions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Assures that food and supplies are available for the next meal, pulling supplies from freezer as required for the next meal preparations. Notifies dietary services supervisor of needed supplies.
* Prepares and assists in the preparations of special meals to meet individual resident needs and special meetings and events.
* Maintains a clean and safe work area, cleaning spills and pots regularly and carries out the daily and scheduled cleaning duties according to assignments.
* Ensures proper storage of food and supplies meeting health department regulations.
* Uses cleaners and other hazardous materials according to department procedures.
* Follows community and health department fire safety, infection control and hazardous chemicals procedures and practices.
* Reports all unsafe conditions, incidents or equipment to dietary department supervisor or executive director immediately.
* Respects dignity and confidentiality standards, promoting resident and staff rights.
* Assists the dietary department supervisor in directing the activities of the dietary aides as called upon.
* Executes the inventory and storage of incoming foods and supplies as requested or assigned by the dietary department supervisor.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* A minimum of one year experience cooking in a restaurant or the dietary department of a hospital or similar environment.
* Meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification or service license.
* Proficient at reading written menus and direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
KEYWORDS: Chef, cook, healthcare, Health Care, line cook, sous chef, chef, assisted living, culinary, skilled nursing, hospital