Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) SEPSIS COORDINATOR FULL-TIME
FTE DAYS 1.0
LAWNWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
FORT PIERCE, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, and an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center.
In 2014, Children's Services expanded, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Pediatric ER opened. These dedicated services for the smallest and the sickest children provide quality, child-friendly care, close to home.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as a Top Performer and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood is the only hospital on the Treasure Cost with a Truven Top 50 Cardiovasular Hospital designation and CARF Accreditation.
At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.
The Sepsis Coordinator position supports LRMC's approach to early recognition of sepsis and patients in need of an early intervention and a higher level of care and improving outcomes for patient with sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock.
* Facilitates the development, implementation and ongoing adherence of sepsis program protocols, guidelines and therapies.
* Ensures the protocols and therapies become the standard of care followed within the facility.
* Collaborates with medical and hospital staff to provide multidisciplinary care to patients with a diagnosis of sepsis.
* Rounds on patients with diagnosis of sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock.
* Works in partnership with clinical documentation improvement to improve documentation accuracy of sepsis.
* Responds to sepsis alerts.
* Develops key performance indicators and performance improvement plans including those to correct deficiencies in meeting key performance indicators for Sepsis.
* Demonstrates a high level of clinical competence that creates an environment of clinical excellence resulting in improved individual and group clinical outcomes.
* Facilitates individualized, evidence-based, highly effective care to patients and families through coordination/collaboration of the entire healthcare team.
* The Coordinator also functions as an educator and coordinates care in critical care/sepsis patient care management, ensuring optimal patient care management and outcomes.
* The Coordinator will collect and analyze data surrounding the sepsis patient to assist with documentation, coding, clinical care, and outcomes.
* The Coordinator will collect and input Sepsis Core Measures data.
* Florida RN License
* Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
* 3+ years of experience in an acute hospital setting highly preferred
* Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification and/or current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Previous experience with Core Measures/Critical Care preferred
* Working knowledge of quality improvement, hospital regulatory standards, and computer systems preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.