Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Description :
Technica is looking for a Information Assurance (IA) Engineer with work location at Fairchild AFB in Spokane, WA. The candidate will support a team providing critical infrastructure, information technology and communications support to a critical DoD Office for NIPR, SIPR and JWICS networks and critical application support for a 300+ user base.
The IA Engineer facilitates the protection of all Agency networks, systems, and applications through technical enforcement of security policies (including NIST, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), DoD, AF, Executive Orders (EOs), DISA, NSA, and related Governmental directives), and prevention, detection, management, and reporting of cyber events. He/She provides and maintains complete defense-in-depth security architecture through configuration, operation, integration, and maintenance of existing and future security tools. He/She documents proposed and finalized architectural designs to include required security devices that meet Emission Security (EMSEC) requirements.
The IA Engineer s primary responsibility is to perform all functions related to computer network defense, cybersecurity, and maintenance of ATO (Authority To Operate) for Secret and Top Secret systems.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
* Perform all aspects of information assurances activities supporting the following elements of an IT system and network: servers, routers, switches, workstations, mobile phones, software applications, etc.
* Integrates with a team of systems administrators, network engineers, A/V and VTC technicians to support the security of the systems they support.
* Coordinates with IA counterpart at Ft. Belvoir, VA
Required Skills :
* Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
* RMF experience
* Emass experience
* Required Certifications: Security+
* 4 years of relevant information assurance experience in the Department of Defense
* Bachelor s degree in technology related field or 6 years of relevant information assurance experience in the Department of Defense
* Knowledge of DISA IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and STIGs
Desired Skills :
* Knowledge of Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, Lenovo, Polycom, TACLANES, Microsoft, RedHat, Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMWare
* Knowledge of Server, Storage, A/V Systems, VTC Systems, Help Desk practices
0 - 10%
Clearance Level :
Top Secret w/SCI
Required Certifications: Security+
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. :
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.