Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
JOB OVERVIEW: Supervise the operations of the housekeeping staff promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
* Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
* Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operations.
* Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
* Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
* Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
* Treat all Employees with respect while providing positive guidance.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests and Employees. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, houseperson, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)