Wm. P. Young Co., a non-affiliated company of Plastipak Packaging Inc., is seeking a dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer, who can ultimately develop concepts and designs for high-speed machines.
- Perform tasks of Designer or Detailer as needed.
- Design and evaluate mechanical / electromechanical systems and products by conducting research while applying mechanical engineering principles.
- Confirm machine and system capabilities by performing feasibility testing.
- Research and test manufacturing and assembly methods.
- Assure system and product quality based on customer requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of machine operator manuals.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Comply with current governmental and safety regulations.
- Maintain system and engineering data base.
- Comply with current quality and productivity goals.
- Provide technical training as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-5 years of experience or an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of experience
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Ability to create dimension detail drawings
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to prepare, read, and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- AutoCAD or Solidworks 3D experience
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical and dental insurance (includes a vision discount program).
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Referral bonus program.