Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
The TE Finance Development Program (\\"FDP\\") is a holistic, two-year development program that combines intensive on-the-job training, exposure to senior leadership, and knowledge sharing among participants. The FDP provides Associates with in-depth experiences consisting of four 6-month finance rotations within TE's Business Units, Segments, and Corporate organizations. The rotations include Plant Controlling/Operations Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis and/or Product Management Finance and Internal Audit. PROGRAM ELEMENTS INCLUDE:
ROTATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS - Specially crafted positions, projects, and managers to give Associates a challenging assignment with frequent feedback opportunities.
FORMAL MENTORING PROGRAM - Senior leaders in the organization will be able to provide support as an advisor, teacher, role model and counselor.
CROSSS FUNCTIONAL GROUP PROJECT - This project allows associates to accomplish an important operations objective while using TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) principles (TE's program for continuous improvement), expanding their peer network, and demonstrating ROI.
ROTATION WEEK- Cross-Functional training weeks that allow Associates to improve soft skills, network with peers, gain exposure to senior leadership and better understand themselves.
FUNCTIONAL TRAINING CURRICULUM - Associates will receive technical and specialized training opportunities throughout the course of the program.
VISIBILITY EVENTS- Educational networking events that provide an opportunity for Associates to connect with Senior Leadership.
LEADERSHIP SPEAKER SERIES - Monthly senior leader calls aimed at developing leadership skills, networking and career development discussions. RESPONSIBILITIES
Plant Controlling & BU Operations Finance
* Prepare & present daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of plant actuals
* Assist with annual budget and monthly financial and production forecast
* Complete variance analysis of budget/actuals/forecast
* Analyze plant and BU performance, including gross margins and manufacturing variances
Financial Planning & Analysis (BU, Segment, & Corporate) / Product Management Finance
* Assist in the preparation of the budget and 5-year strategic plan
* Assist in the quarterly earnings release & guidance process
* Perform various business and market analysis projects to help identify risks and opportunities for the company
* Develop understanding of product line P&L and perform work in all the different value streams supporting assigned product lines
* Create and maintain financial models to assist in the development of business forecasts
* Track and perform variance analysis on actual results compared to forecasts
* Prepare material to be presented to various members of BU and Corporate senior management
* Assist in developing the scope and planning documentation for future audit engagements
* Perform walkthroughs and testing of operational areas such as manufacturing, procurement and order management
* Conduct interviews with management personnel to map processes, identify risks and perform control testing
* Prepare reports for presentation to senior management
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
* Work/Internship experience in Finance between 0-2 years
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Highly motivated and proactive attitude towards work
* Excellent analytical skills coupled with a strong attention to detail
* Displays strong intellectual curiosity
* Capacity to work well both independently and as a team member in a multi-cultural environment
* Ability to deal with ambiguity
* Mobile and flexible
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Generous 401(k) Plan
Benefits start on day one
Charity Donation Matching Program
Competitive Paid Time Off
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Healthcare for Associates and Families
Health and Wellness Incentives
Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.